We are looking for a successful Teacher of Art to join our thriving Art Department. At Esher High School, we are very proud of the excellent work our students produce which can be seen on display throughout the school. A successful applicant will demonstrate the initiative, drive and determination to teach Art and Photography at KS3 and KS4 and who wants to contribute on our continued journey from good to great. We are ambitious to continue to move Esher High School forward and will welcome applications from an innovative teacher who is:-
• Passionate about Art and able to inspire students.
• Able to demonstrate a positive and creative approach in the classroom.
• Committed to the continuous process of raising attainment with every child in their classroom and within the department.
• Willing to promote and contribute to a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• Keen to share and promote the school’s vision of high standards and success for all.
This post would be suitable for a more experienced teacher, however NQT’s would be considered. A comprehensive induction programme is provided for all new staff and time to participate in lesson observations and learning walks. We are committed to continued professional development e.g. access to peer coaching, termly teaching and learning group meetings and bespoke personalised training. In addition, NQTs have weekly timetabled meetings with their mentors and regular access to their Professional Tutor.
We welcome early applications and will consider holding interviews before the closing date for strong candidates.
Closing Date: Monday 25th March 9am
Interviews: Thursday 28 March
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We do not accept CV’s from agencies.