Evgeny Primakov School seeks a teacher for Arts and Crafts to start job duties in August 2020.
Evgeny Primakov School is an outstanding bilingual Gymnasium in Moscow of c.200 children (aged 3-6) in pre-school and c.600 students in Primary, Secondary and High School departments.
School’s goal is to provide high-quality bilingual (Russian-English) education for today's world by engaging the best teaching staff of the highest standard across all age groups and subjects and by bringing together the best of traditional and innovative teaching methods to help students reach their full potential.
All members of the school community are committed towards creating the best possible learning environment within modern, purpose-built facilities. The School is staffed with a team of dedicated, energetic, highly-qualified and enthusiastic teachers.
Arts and Crafts teachers will be teaching to the primary school pupils aged 6-10. The Art teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest and ability for creative expression in Arts and Crafts; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of Art.
The students speak English as their second language. Teachers need to concentrate on strengthening the basic literacy and communication skills of students who have a limited background in learning the language. Lessons need to be interactive, engaging and student-centered (teacher talking time to be followed).
- Bachelor degree in Art or Art Education or Bachelor degree in Education with an Art focus
- Master's or higher degree is desirable
- EFL qualifications TEFL/TESOL
- 3+ years of teaching experience working in an international setting with non-english speakers is essential
- Background in color theory, design, sculpture, textiles and painting is essential
The successful candidate
- Lively, warm, approachable, positive and creative
- Has artistic skills including oil painting, color mixing, watercoloring, drawing, clay, charcoal, ceramics and other crafts
- Develops students' creativity and imagination
- Resourceful, innovative and enterprising
- Able to encourage, motivate and inspire pupils with a proven track record of successful student outcomes
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches in the field of Art
- Passionate about teaching
- Willing to make a minimum of 2 years commitment to the position
Key tasks & responsibilities
- To teach Arts and Crafts classes to the primary school pupils aged 6-10
- To plan, prepare and deliver high quality lessons
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions for the school
- To evaluate children's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, prepare progress reports
- To be a positive member of the school community
- To attend parent meetings and other school events
Why consider Evgeny Primakov School?
- Outstanding opportunity to be involved in an innovative, recently established new school and concept
- New school with impressive facilities and resources
- A team of c. 20 E
- English-speaking teachers from the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Flight reimbursement
- Work permit and full visa support
- Accommodation allowance
- Airport transfer
- Free daily transfer to and from school
- 24 hour support
Evgeny Primakov School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, criminal record check and the DBS.
Please apply by filling an international application form and sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the school can be seen by visiting website https://primakov.school