Teacher of Biology
Job Start: September 2018
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Salary: MPS/UPS - TLR for KS5 Responsibility available for the right candidate
Contract Type: Full or Part-Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly committed and inspirational biology teacher from September 2018 to join our dedicated and very successful department in a school that is outstanding in every category (OFSTED Nov 2013). This post would suit either an NQT or experienced candidate. Ashlawn Science department is a large, thriving department, and we are striving to constantly improve results. Biology is taught as a separate subject in KS4 and A level.
Ashlawn School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive, bi-lateral school, which is known for its enthusiastic and dedicated staff and students. Following our Ofsted inspection in 2013, we were graded an “Outstanding” School in all areas. We are looking to attract individuals who have a genuine passion for educating children, and are keen to inspire our students along with equipping them with the skills and knowledge to transform their lives.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion and dedication for teaching and learning
- A willingness to teach across the age and ability range including A-level
- A desire to constantly improve and develop your own teaching practice
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the needs of individual students
We can offer you;
- Focused career development, including peer support and mentoring
- Free access to our onsite gym, and a range of benefits including the cycle to work scheme.
- A real focus on staff development and well-being.
- As a teaching school, we can offer numerous opportunities to increase responsibility
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
- Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
- Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at Ashlawn School
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews to be held soon thereafter
We would also welcome any visits to our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunity available.
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mark Williams on the below details
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07841368765
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.