The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified Teacher of Boys PE. The suitable candidate will join a committed team of specialists with a strong tradition of working together.
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic School where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In November 2018 the school was judged to be 'Good' by OFSTED.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate and enthusiastic about Physical Education.
- is motivated and passionate about working in a richly diverse educational community.
- be forward-thinking and able to inspire students and staff within a culture of high standards, expectations and outcomes for all.
- have excellent communication skills to forge positive relationships with students, parents, teachers and support staff.
- is willing and able to teach GCSE, BTEC and A level classes.
- has a commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team and working strategically with the Head of Faculty and other post-holders.
- will support in extra-curricular and fixture events.
We will offer you:
- enthusiastic students who want to learn.
- a positive and exciting learning environment.
- incredibly supportive middle leaders and senior leaders throughout the school.
The person appointed will be a graduate able to teach at all levels. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to work in a curriculum area with highly committed staff in a large and popular Catholic secondary school. NQTs are encouraged to apply; they would be welcomed by a supportive and enthusiastic faculty and the school has a strong track record in professional development and opportunities for career progression will be available.
Closing Date: 21 May 2021, 0900am
For further details and application form visit www.stacs.org or contact the Office Manager at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham B38 8AP Tel. 0121 464 4643 Email: enquiry@stacs,bham,sch.uk
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years