Contract Type: Permanent Appointment
Hours per Week: Full time
Wetherby High School is a forward thinking school in a semi-rural area of North Leeds. Our ethos is based upon inclusive and restorative values that we believe best allow every student the opportunity to realise their full potential. Over recent months the school has undergone a period of significant change and is embarking on an ambitious programme of improvement and growth.
We are now looking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and skilful teacher to teach boys' PE, who is able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, an inclusive school ethos, working restoratively and ensuring the well-being of each child.
- A successful track record of raising attainment and progress for pupils of all abilities.
- A passion for mathematics, interested in inspiring pupils and
- A wish to join a vibrant, forward-thinking and successful team.
- A commitment to providing a highly effective learning environment and a willingness to positively embrace change, challenge and opportunities.
It is essential that the post holder shares our school ethos which is firmly rooted in a restorative approach and the following values: to ‘Know our children well’: to be ‘Partners in Learning’: to develop ‘Character for Achievement’; to ‘Enjoy and Aspire’. We firmly believe that in order to move forwards we need to be prepared and able to ‘do things differently and do different things’.
We significantly invest in the development and training of all colleagues who are equally happy to share their expertise, skills and knowledge across the organisation.
If you are looking to be stretched and challenged within a positive and creative staff team and you have a genuine desire to make a positive difference to our children, please submit an application form, covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 18 May 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 21 May 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and satisfactory references.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.