Teacher of Boys Physical Education (MPS/UPS + Outer London Weighting)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed specialist Boys Physical Education for a Sabbatical period from January 2019 to July 2019.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
• A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
• A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
• Opportunities for in-house career progression.
• A modern, purpose built Sports Centre consisting of a five badminton court sports hall, gymnasium, fitness suite, dance studio and a dedicated classroom with fitted interactive white board and projector. There is also a computer equipped staff office. Other facilities include a hard court area, all weather tennis courts, a playing field and an offsite playing field for fixtures.
• You will be joining a department with an excellent long term track record of academic success. GCSE pass rates are routinely in excess of 85%. This year we were especially proud of the pupils who achieved the new gold standard of Grade Nine. At A level in 2018 the pass rate was 93%, and at BTEC Level 3 100%
• A department with a high option recruitment with over 100 pupils doing examination courses.
• Students who are eager to learn: 90% of our students go on to university study.
What you offer:
• You will be passionate about your subject and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences for the pupils of Chadwell Heath Academy.
• You will be keen to significantly contribute to the continued development of the Department and the extra curriculum activities that we run. We are committed to an extensive extra-curricular programme with proven success at District, County and National Level particularly in handball, basketball and netball.
• You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on 23rd Novomber 2018
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.