Trinity Catholic High School is an outstandingly successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive with 1680 students on roll. The school has been recognised as outstanding on five consecutive occasions by Ofsted and in our Section 48 inspection in December 2014. Our latest Ofsted inspection in March 2015 stated ‘the inspirational headteacher is passionately committed to helping every student develop a love of learning. Staff and governors share his enthusiasm and his very high expectations’; ‘a strong sense of shared moral purpose makes the school a very happy and purposeful place’. Our Catholic identity and mission spring from the passionate conviction that Christ and his church will transform the world through us.
Trinity wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Part time Teacher of Business & Economics to join our highly successfully school ASAP. All teachers in the Business & Economics department are expected to be teach up to KS5. Students follow the AQA syllabus at all stages for Business and Economics. The Business Studies and Economics department achieves outstanding results at GCSE and A level and all classes are taught in mixed ability groups.
Trinity seeks to provide a first - rate education to our students. Our pastoral care is exceptional as are the outcomes achieved by students at all key stages. In 2019:
• Percentage of 9-7 grades across the school: 38%. 34% of students achieved 5+ 9-7; 8% of all grades were the top grade 9.
• The percentage of students at 5+ in English and Mathematics is 68%; 86% attained the standard pass in both English and Mathematics – both significantly higher than national figures.
• Business GCSE 9-4; 71% and 9-7; 13%
• Economics GCSE 9-4; 97% and 9-7; 23%
• Business A’level A*-B; 41%, A*-E; 100%
• Economics A*-B; 33% and A*-E; 96%
• 106 grade 9s were awarded across all GCSE subjects.
• Progress 8 is +0.51 and well above the national average, top 15% of Schools.
• Attainment 8; 58.87 and above the national average of 46.55.
• A*-E in our sixth form of 480+ students is 97%.
This post would be suitable for a highly motivated experienced teacher who, feels they can make a significant and positive contribution to the Business & Economics department and the school as a whole.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please download an application form from the school website. We cannot accept CVs. If you have any queries, please email the HR team on email@example.com for further details.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is Sunday, 15th December 2019. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.