TEACHER OF BUISNESS AND ECONOMICS
ARK ACTON ACADEMY
Location: Acton, London — Excellent transport links, Acton Town station only 5 minutes’ walk
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an Academy at the beginning of its improvement journey and help grow Ark Acton into a beacon for state education. We know that the quality of an Academy cannot outstrip the quality of its teachers and so we place a primacy on teacher growth and development. Working for Ark Schools you will receive high levels of support and coaching and be allowed to develop.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Teacher of Business and Economics to contribute to developing Ark Acton Academy into a great school by teaching a challenging curriculum, enabling all students to fall in love with the study and practice of Business and Economics.
Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• Salary higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
• Excellent staff benefits, including free Yoga sessions, discounted MOT, dry cleaning service, use of the fully equipped Gym
If you are obsessed about the importance of subjects as disciplines and the role your subject plays in helping students make sense of the world around them then this is the job for you. We place the curriculum at the heart of school life and are currently heavily involved in research into curriculum thinking and developing subject expertise.
The ideal candidate will:
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Business and Economics
• Have the commitment, skills and character required to build a successful department
• Share the Ark Acton Academy vision and be aligned with the six pillars underpinning it
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
For more information and a full job description please see the attached application information document.
To apply please go to https://arkonline.org/careers . Please submit your application by 17th April 2020 . For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Ruth Macmurray, Hr Officer at email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th April 2020
Interviews: On a Rolling Basis
Salary: ARK MPS £31,242 - £42,520 /UPS £47,545 - £51,913
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract
Start Date: September 2020
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.