The flagship school of Dixons Academies Trust. Top 2% of all schools in the country for Progress 8.
This role is fixed term for 1 year to cover maternity.
Dixons City Academy opened in 1990 and is the founding member of the Dixons Academy Trust; DCA is synonymous with educational excellence and with around 1,600 applicants for just 165 spaces it is also one of the most over-subscribed schools in the country.
Why choose Dixons City Academy?
- Our purpose is excellence and we are driven by respect, integrity, and determination
- Ambitious for our whole community and invest in strong professional relationships to be the best we can be
- Students and staff are empowered to determine their own future and change the world for the better
- Culture of high expectations; teachers can teach and students can learn
- Highly visible Senior Leadership Team
- Supportive, talented, and professional staff; as well as hardworking, aspirational, and considerate students
The right candidate will be totally aligned to our core belief that all children can make exceptional progress; whilst being completely committed to our mission to change the world for the better.
Dixons Academies Trust
The Dixons Academies Trust is a family of 11 primary, secondary and all-through schools in Bradford and Leeds, committed to making a difference where it matters most:
- Values driven
- Almost 30 years of challenging educational and social disadvantage
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive
- Top Trust in the country for progress at secondary
- Exceptional colleagues will support you to be your best
- Low staff turnover
www.dixonsca.com or, call the school on 01274 776777 and speak to Michael Feely, Principal, to discuss the role further. The deadline for applications is 9am on Thursday 13 December.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS enhanced check.