Teachers who join East Lothian Council during the school session will only be entitled to a pro-rata salary and annual leave entitlement until the end of the session. A calculation will be carried out upon commencement and pay will be adjusted in the first available pay period to ensure they are paid correctly. It may be necessary to make adjustments over several months and in these instances employees will be advised in writing. Should you require clarification please contact Payroll on 01620 827781.
Musselburgh Grammar School serves the town of Musselburgh and the surrounding villages of Wallyford and Whitecraig. The community is strong in Musselburgh and there is loyalty attached to the school. We have approximately 1,100 pupils ranging in age from 12 to 18 and over 100 staff in total. The vision of the school is 'to become one of the best schools in Scotland'. This has been resonated with all stakeholders and is consistent with the school motto of 'Striving for Excellence - Caring for All'.
Our pupil centred approach and ambition for young people is also reflected in our school values. Honesty, Determination and Respect were the choices of our school in June 2015. Continuing to raise attainment is our key objective along with ensuring that our young people develop transferable skills for the future. We have recorded our best ever exam results at all levels in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
If you share these high expectations for young people, we would encourage you to apply for this post.
Teaching relevant subject through S1-S6.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories-
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
- Developing the school curriculum
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
Closing date: 25/02/2018
Musselburgh Grammar School