Full time but would welcome applications from people looking for a part time role or flexible working.
At Logic Studio School you will make a difference!
Sometimes education just doesn't make sense. Employers are saying that the system isn't producing young people suited to the modern economy. Universities tell us that undergraduates are unprepared for independent study. Something is missing. The whole concept of Logic has been developed with this and the local community in mind. We want to link the education that students receive with the careers available in the local economy and beyond. We want to help students access a better future with outstanding progression routes into, employment or university.
We offer a unique educational and business partnership specialising in Computing Technologies and International Business for 14-19 year olds. We offer an academically rigorous but relevant curriculum, connections with our industry partners and a small school approach.
As part of Tudor Park Education Trust and we strive to provide outstanding teaching and abundant opportunities in a wonderfully diverse community. We benefit from fantastic new facilities and state of the art computing and software, that allows us to continually develop a more imaginative and modern curriculum.
Logic Studio School is located on a large green site less than 30 minutes from Waterloo and only 7 minutes’ walk from Feltham station. With easy access to the M3 and M4 we are also well located for staff looking to live outside of central London.
We are ambitious for our students and truly focussed on determining their future success. For many of our students this is all about unlocking their aspiration and making them see where they are going. We will give students what they need: specialised workplace skills, high levels of business literacy and numeracy and a readiness to enter industries that need them. We need you to help us deliver it.
You will be supported in trying new things and taking risks to improve the life chances of our students. You will make a real difference to our young people. Job satisfaction doesn’t come any better than that.
BUT - we can only achieve our aims if we look after you as well as well as we look after our students.
At Logic we are committed to YOUR well-being:
- Flexibility: a 1.40pm finish every Friday, 3 long weekends, and 2 days of flexible holidays to be taken at any time throughout the year. Weddings? Cheap flights? You’ve got it.
- Realistic Accountability: you will see NO Logic lesson proformas, over-burdensome marking expectations or meetings for meetings sake. Expect streamlined reporting and assessment. There are no emails after 6pm. Your day job is exactly as it says on the tin. In the day.
- Genuine support: happy schools have happy teachers. This involves listening to you carefully.
- Time: the biggest impact on progress is simple - good teaching and learning. Everything else is just peripheral. A reduced teaching timetable will give you increased time to develop what matters the most.
YOUR progression – We want you to become a future educational leader and it is our responsibility to help you make this happen.
- Advancement opportunities: when applying for future jobs you need to show experience and impact. You will be the recipient of high quality and well planned professional development opportunities throughout the year. You will also benefit from development opportunities across the Trust, the Hounslow Education Partnership and our local teaching alliance.
- Coaching and mentoring – each member of our staff can chose to be coached and mentored by a member of staff across the MAT allowing you to develop skills and career goals in areas of most interest to you.
This post would be ideal for an NQT or someone wanting to develop their career in a specialist environment.
The application form can also be downloaded from the vacancies section of the Logic website: www.logicstudioschool.org
Please contact Penny Davies for any information you need – by telephone on 0208 831 3007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 15 November 2018
Successful candidates informed by: Friday 16 November 2018
Interviews: Interviews will be held according to application