St Kentigern’s Academy is a Catholic secondary school situated in Blackburn, West Lothian. The school has ten associated primary schools drawing a comprehensive mix of students and serves the communities of Blackburn, Whitburn, Bathgate, Armadale, Linlithgow, Fauldhouse, West Calder, Polbeth, Stoneyburn and Addiewell. The current school roll is 1202 Students with 90 members of teaching staff including those designated to support students with additional learning needs. The school’s free meal entitlement (FME) for session 2016/17 was 19.1%.
St Kentigern’s Academy has an excellent reputation in the local community, particularly for the high standards of conduct and confidence displayed by students. In addition to the formal curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular and out-of-hours activities are on offer. The school receives a high level of support and encouragement from parents. Attendance at parents’ evenings is good, and information and consultation exercises are well supported. The school has just had a successful HMIE visit.
- To provide a Christian community in which all members are equally respected, are treated fairly and are able to seek advice.
- To promote the highest standards of achievement and attainment for all our Students.
- To provide learning and teaching environment and an effective curriculum that encourages each young person to develop his or her full potential academically, spiritually and socially.
- To encourage young people to develop as responsible citizens, successful learners, effective contributors and confident individuals.
- To promote effective communication and partnership between school, home, parish and the groups and agencies that support our school.
- To help young people to play a full and active part in the life of their community and to encourage participation by parents and the wider community in the life and work of the school.
Closing date: 18/02/2018
St Kentigerns Academy
West Main Street