CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team in late August 2020 for the following position:
TEACHER OF SCIENCE (Chemistry)
The successful candidate must have a degree in Chemistry, a PGCE or Bachelor of Education or equivalent, Science/Chemistry, and a minimum of 2 years’ current experience teaching Chemistry to Key Stage 5 (A-Level) and Core Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) to Key Stage 4 level. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for Science and have proven high achievement with positive value-added outcomes. The candidate will have recent teaching experience and up to date knowledge of the English National Curriculum to A-level.
In addition to the requirements for the position listed above, the successful candidate must be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centered learning environment;
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the revised English National Curriculum (2014);
- Experienced and skilled in providing differentiated learning opportunities to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential;
- Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities;
- Fully proficient in using Computer Software products such as Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Willing to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural environment is essential.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including Prohibition from Teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the position listed above is: CI$41,000 to $56,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, March 27th, 2020