Teacher of Chemistry
Salary - Main Pay Scale plus £1,600 Mossbourne allowance
Contract – Permanent
Start date - 31st August 2020
Work pattern – Full-time
Closing date - 15th October 2019
Location – Mossbourne Community Academy, 100 Downs Park Road, Hackney, E5 8JY
Mossbourne Community Academy is currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Chemistry teacher to join our highly successful Science Learning Area. The applicant should be dedicated to raising the attainment of all students by developing a deep understanding and love of Chemistry.
We are looking for applicants with experience of teaching Chemistry and a track record of leading students to achieve great results. They will share the school’s vision that all children can succeed and be reflective practitioners that contribute to a high performing team.
Working for a Mossbourne Federation Academy means being part of a community of exceptional practitioners where you have many opportunities to develop. Colleagues are warm, welcoming and supportive. As one of the country’s leading federations, expectations of staff are high. The Mossbourne Federation engages with, and supports its workforce, thus creating an inspirational working environment that nurtures the development of personal and professional excellence.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for teaching and working with students of all abilities with the talent to drive them to be outstanding
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
- Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
- Willing to play as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
- Committed to the safeguarding of students
- Focused on the learning and development of students and encouraging high achieving
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
- Professional manner at all times
- A degree in Chemistry and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Ability to teach Chemistry at KS4 and preferably KS5
- Knowledge and understanding of how students learn Chemistry
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Professional development
- Friendly and passionate atmosphere
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application. For further information, please refer to the Job Description.
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/
Please note: CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline
"Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure".