This leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking to appoint a committed and dynamic teacher of Chemistry with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to stretch their understanding of chemistry at every level.
This is an exciting opportunity to teach highly motivated students throughout the school, from Year 7 to Sixth Form, where practical hand-on chemistry is an important element of our provision. Chemistry is a very popular choice at A Level and GCSE and A level results are amongst the highest nationally. Students enjoy undertaking the challenge of competitions, such as Salters and the Chemistry Olympiad, and many go on to use their chemistry at top universities.
This position would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experience in a high-achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Chemistry across all Key Stages and General Science in Years 7 and 8
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Chemistry department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or from the school office.
PLEASE NOTE - CVs WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to interview before the closing date.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 21 May 2018
Interview date: w/c 21 May 2018, but possibly sooner
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.