Teacher of Chemistry
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Chemistry who are looking to join an outstanding school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
This full-time permanent post provides an exciting opportunity for NQTs looking to join a highly successful and extremely supportive faculty or experienced colleagues seeking to further their experience in a high achieving 11-18 school. As Chemistry is a popular A Level choice in our Sixth Form, this post would offer the opportunity for post-16 teaching. The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and collaborative department, where pupil progress and outcomes are excellent.
St. Peter’s Catholic School is a popular, oversubscribed and successful school. We pride ourselves on the excellent academic standards that we achieve across all key stages; the pastoral care that we provide and the enrichment opportunities that we offer. As a Teaching School, we take a leading role in Initial Teacher Training, Continuing Professional Development and Research and Development and are involved in a number of national initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be a good/outstanding class practitioner
• Be both creative and independent in their teaching
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School
What we can offer:
• To work with vibrant, confident, hardworking staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive governors and families
• Outstanding professional development linked to leadership at all levels
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
Please note CV’s are not accepted. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Dave Chesterman, Associate Assistant Headteacher, in order to arrange a time: firstname.lastname@example.org