ABC Teachers are looking for a teacher of Chemistry for long term supply post 5 days per week until from April 2018 until July 2018 in a Sutton Coldfield Secondary School. We require someone who has excellent knowledge of the curriculum and has a passion for Chemistry and Science. It is essential that you have a chemistry specialism and can deliver outstanding lessons at KS3 and KS4.
The school is based in central Birmingham has a clear ethos and vision with a culture of high aspiration and they celebrate high achievement in academic, vocational and personal contexts and encourage all students to achieve their potential.
For more information or if you are interested in applying please contact Mike Talbot on 0121 274 0345 or click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to submit your CV and personal details.
About the Role:
· Responsible for writing and developing schemes of work.
· Responsible for monitoring progress in Chemistry across KS3 and KS4.
· Attending departmental meetings.
· Attending parent’s evenings as required.
· Ensure adequate provision for students of all abilities.
· This is a long term supply role.
About the School:
· The school is a larger-than-average sized sponsored academy.
· The school became an academy in September 2010.
· The academy has received a number of awards.
· The Sponsor has a national reputation for academic excellence, particularly in the sciences.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (PGCE / Bachelor of Education)
· Have previous experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Have recent classroom experience as teacher in the UK (essential)
· Be confident in using ICT in their professional role
· Have excellent communication skills
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
If you are interested in this position, please contact Mike Talbot today on 0121 274 0345 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
As a preferred supplier of Birmingham City Council, you can be safe in the knowledge that we will be confident of finding the work that you want.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.