Are you an inspiring and committed teacher of Chemistry who would like to work in a unique and friendly international college with students who are dedicated and focused on academic achievement? A rare opportunity has arisen to work with students from around the globe in the beautiful Cathedral City of Canterbury.
CATS College Canterbury is a coeducational independent boarding school catering mainly for international students aged 14+. The College specialises in preparing students for pre-university exams, including I/GCSEs, A Levels, the International Baccalaureate (DP) and the University Foundation Programme (UFP). The College was awarded ‘Excellent’ in all 9 areas in the latest ISI inspection (March 2016). There are approximately 450 students on roll, class sizes are small allowing for personalised student centred learning. We offer students the opportunity to take part in an extensive range of extra-curricular activities, including leadership awards and national/international competitions.
The College requires, from January 2019, a full time Teacher of Chemistry with the potential for a position of responsibility for the right candidate. Chemistry is a popular subject choice among our students, and staff who deliver the subject are renowned as experts in differentiation and creative teaching. The department’s pedagogy and academic success are ahead of the curve and applicants will need to demonstrate and evidence strengths in these areas during the selection process.
Applications are encouraged from:
· Outstanding and experienced practitioners (with a recognised Teaching Qualification) and those seeking their first appointment (NQTs with a good degree in a related subject)
· Teachers who are passionate about working with young people and their own subject specialism
· Those who bring fresh ideas, who are kind and compassionate, and work hard to realise excellent progress and student outcomes
It would advantage your application if you:
· Can offer more than one subject specialism at a high level
· Have experience of working within any IB programme/school
· Have experience of working in an international school or FE/Sixth form college
· Have experience of working in diverse multinational environments spanning differing linguistic and cultural needs
In return, we can offer you:
· A vibrant working environment focused on student outcomes and university entrance
· An opportunity to grow in your teaching practice within a committed leadership and teaching team
· An attractive salary
· Excellent professional development opportunities
Recent CATS College Canterbury Awards:
· ‘Excellent’ in every area – ISI Inspection Report, March 2016
· International School Award – Outstanding 2015, British Council
· Award for Excellence and Innovation – Winner 2015, Independent Schools Association
· UK Independent School of the Year – Finalist 2014, Times Educational Supplement
· Top 10 Private 6th Form College for A Levels – 2017 Sixth-Form.com
The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
CATS College Canterbury maintains Teaching and Learning Academy Status – Partnering with Canterbury Christ Church University.
Employees of the College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. As such, appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, any international equivalent.
Application forms and further details are available from, and should be returned to, Fiona Clarke, Business Manager via email email@example.com
Previous applications for this role need not apply
Applications must be returned before 12noon on Friday 3rd 2018. Shortlisting and interviews will take place at the end of the week of 6th August 2018.