Dunottar has a well-established Science department. In Year 7 and 8 pupils are taught science, from Year 9, pupils commence their Science GCSEs taking AQA science in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. At A level the AQA specification is followed in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The Science department has good facilities with five spacious, well-equipped laboratories and two preparation rooms. There is a weekly science club during lunchtimes and after school as well as other enrichment opportunities for pupils. The successful candidate will be expected to make a contribution to these initiatives as well as to the co-curricular programme.
Due to growth in the Department, we are seeking to appoint a high calibre and enthusiastic teacher to join this successful and friendly department. We are looking for someone with an ability to stimulate curiosity and interest in the sciences and who is prepared to give full commitment to the aims and ethos of the Science Department and to Dunottar School. You might be an experienced teacher looking to move to a new school. Alternatively, we are also keen to consider applications from NQT candidates and those seeking to carry out initial teacher training which may be completed through United Teaching (www.unitedteaching.org.uk).
• A record of excellent academic achievement including a relevant honours degree
• PGCE/QTS or the ability to obtain ITT at Dunottar via United Teaching
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
• Self-confidence, personal energy and dynamism
• Personal warmth, good rapport with pupils, colleagues and parents
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Appropriate levels of personal presentation
• Confident use of ICT
Teaching and Learning
• Enthusiasm for, and an excellent knowledge of the relevant curriculum
• Evidence of creative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning including the appropriate use of ICT
• Commitment to improving, monitoring and evaluating teaching and learning
• The ability to teach Chemistry or Physics to A level is essential and up to Oxbridge would be an advantage
• An ability to make all pupils feel valued and involved in your lessons
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the post holder may perform other duties reasonably required by the Headmaster.
Closing Date: Wednesday 24 April 2019
Interviews: Monday 29 April 2019