We offer a July start for NQTs and the opportunity to commence at TMS2 given the subject is a national shortage area.
Opportunity for the right candidate to become an Aspiring Lead Learning Practitioner which includes up to £500 per annum scholarship available over 2 years plus £1,000 voucher for training and development with Castle Phoenix Trust Leadership Academy.
Are you an enthusiastic and inspiring practitioner, in computer science and/or ICT, who loves your subject and has presence in the classroom?
If so, find out more about our Trust and how you can make a real difference to young people and be part of a thriving faculty.
Caludon Castle is a good school; we support and challenge students to achieve their best and promote learning in a caring and supportive atmosphere. Our working values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Empowerment and Excellence underpin all that we do and we pride ourselves in providing a nurturing environment for our staff.
You will be either an NQT or an experienced teacher able to demonstrate commitment to achievement for all students, irrespective of their starting point, striving to be a great teacher. Our students are respectful and ‘have an excellent understanding of the wider world’, ‘behaviour is good in lessons and around the academy because the expectations of leaders and teachers are high’ (Ofsted 2016).
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive staff with a strong team ethos
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes and through our Teaching School Alliance
- Leadership opportunities and access to personal profiling so that we can play to your strengths and understand how you can perform at your best
- A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
- Opportunities to teach across all key stages (mainly KS4/5 for computer science)
- A range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool and a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our wellbeing committee.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity and have energy, resilience and drive, we would love to have you on our team. Please contact Emma Over, HR Director, for information, an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit. Visits are recommended and warmly welcomed.
Application packs are available from the HR Director, Emma Over or visit our website http://www.caludoncastle.co.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/ or http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ to download further details. Find out more about us on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mlmgmD90fw Application forms to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 26th February 2018.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Caludon Castle, Axholme Road, Wyken,
Coventry, CV2 5BD
Tel: 024 7644 4822