Teacher of Computer Science
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS with TLR 2A
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. It is one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. The school has grown in size in 162 students per year group over the past 3 years. It remains oversubscribed.
The school is currently going through a programme of development with new classrooms, sports facilities and library to be completed during the summer term and available for full usage by September 2021.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
• 'The behaviour of pupils around the school is calm and orderly. The pupils enjoy being part of the school community'
• 'The progress of all groups of pupils in key stage 4, including the most able, is strong'
• 'Staff enjoy being part of the school with its distinctive family ethos'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Academic Lessons finish for students at 1:30pm on a Friday.
Norlington School is looking to recruit an ambitious, inspirational and highly-skilled 2nd in Charge of the Computer Science department. Our Computer Science department is high performing, friendly and supportive. Teachers commit wholly to the ethos of the school and develop as practitioners for many years.
For September 2021:
- An innovative, dynamic and creative person with excellent interpersonal skills
- High expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- The learner at the centre of their vision
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- The ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower our students to achieve
Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021 noon
Interviews will be scheduled for later in the week
Norlington School and 6th Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years