“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous Computer Science teacher to join our school to deliver lessons to all year groups 7-11. As a new school we pride ourselves on our streamlined, innovative approach to ICT with all students having their own devices, regular CPD specifically on new software and applications to enhance learning and with slick systems to reduce paperwork and administration. We are a Google school and this is an area that we want to push as our students and staff are keen to learn more and ICT/Computer Science is already popular at the school. The successful candidate will have the exciting and unique opportunity to help shape the GCSE and A Level curriculum which is bespoke, challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching.
They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
- You will have a bachelor's degree at a 2.1 or higher in a relevant discipline and a Computer Science at A-level standard or equivalent
- You will have qualified teacher status through a PGCE, GTP or other international equivalent
- You will have excellent subject knowledge and experience of designing and delivering exciting, challenging and personalised lessons
- An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas where all students have Chromebooks
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with two dedicated ICT areas
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is:
Monday 22nd April 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.