Teacher of Computing
Dates: April 16th 2018 (although sooner if early release is possible). A later start could be negotiated for an exceptional candidate, although an Easter would be preferable Location: Bradford
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
NQT/RQT Suitable for a highly ambitious and effective teacher
Dixons City Academy is the original Dixons high-performing school and we take a central role in our highly successful and expanding Multi-Academy Trust. Our school and Trust has a great local and national reputation. We currently offer 825 places for 11-16-year-old students plus 280 at Post 16. IT and Computing is an incredibly popular subject and many of our students go on to study it at university. This is an unusual opportunity to join an optimistic school with a ‘can-do attitude and a commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum and a belief in the education of the whole child.
- We can offer you:
- A rare opportunity to join a great faculty with superb results and an academy placed in the top 15% of all schools nationally for 2017 results
- The experience or working with highly-experienced specialists with a love of their subject
- A vibrant and diverse environment with supportive and professional staff Positive and polite students with focus and determination
- Supportive parents who are behind the school’s vision (one of the most over-subscribed schools in the country)
- A school with a strong moral purpose (see our vision statement)
- A truly values-driven academy where everyone is committed to making a difference
- An excellent CPD programme and opportunities for all staff within and across our nationally recognised Trust
- The opportunity to be supported and developed as an effective A level teacher
- A highly-visible student-centred Senior Leadership Team who believe in support and challenge in equal measure and see staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be
- The successful candidate will be:
- committed to the vision and ethos of the Academy and working within a diverse community
- an aspirant teacher with the desire to be the best they can be
- a life-long learner, constantly reflecting upon and improving their delivery and subject knowledge
- able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential and have the belief that all children can make outstanding progress
- determined to make a difference to the lives’ of our young people
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will need to provide a current DBS certificate via the Update Service or undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.More information about the post and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: www.dixonsca.com. All potential applicants are welcome to attend the Academy for an opportunity to learn more about the academy and the role.
Please contact the HR Administrator on 01274 750155 with any queries or to arrange a tour.
Closing date for applications: 8:00am 16th February 2018
Interviews / selection will be on Friday the 23rd February 2018