The computing department has expanded over the past few years to offer GCSE as well as A Level qualifications, in addition to a full KS3 curriculum. In addition to delivering the computing specific skills required for course specifications, we also cover a range of broader digital literacy skills to ensure that our students are expert users of technology throughout the school. Dependant on experience the successful candidate will be expected to teach KS3, KS4 and potentially A-Level.
A willingness and experience of teaching another subject in addition to Computing, whilst not essential, would be greatly beneficial.
A willingness to play a full part, both curricular and extra-curricular, in the life of a busy boarding school is essen-tial. Salary will be on the Bloxham scale according to the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
All applicants invited for interview will be required to teach a lesson as part of the selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A good degree in a computing related subject.
• PGCE qualified or equivalent.
• Excellent classroom practitioner.
• Willing to develop pedagogy and knowledge of the non-specialist subject.
• An innovative approach to student learning and the ability to stretch our brightest students whilst engag-ing students of all abilities.
• Good classroom management which promotes student learning.
• Ability to be self-motivated, and a team player.
• Confident user of IT to enhance learning both within and outside the classroom.
• The emotional intelligence to contribute to the School’s extensive pastoral programme and to be com-mitted to the Tutor role.
• To be in alignment with the ethos of Bloxham School, including a commitment to the broader curriculum.
• A proven record of reflection and continuous professional development to your practice in the past and a willingness to continue to do so in the future.
Closing Date for Applications is 22nd March 2019.
Applications will be assessed upon receipt and we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.