TEACHER OF CREATIVE ART AND DESIGN
Start Date: 1 September 2019
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Thursday 25 April 2019
Interviews: Friday 03 May 2019
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Scales
Contact Details: School Office on 01935 813122, website on www.gryphon.dorset.sch.uk or e-mail email@example.com
At The Gryphon School we have invested in a new model and culture for art and design in its broadest sense. We have a strong moral purpose to provide a broad curriculum which develops the interests and skills of all students as well as developing the next generation of artists, designers, inventors, entrepreneurs, problem-solvers, creators and industrialists.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy, enthusiasm and a love of Art and Creative Design. You may have a particular expertise or specialism in one area, but we want someone who has the passion to be involved in our broader vision of creative design futures. Please see our recruitment pack for more details.
The successful candidate will have:
• a strong subject knowledge and passion for all aspects of the visual, virtual and tactile arts – painting, sculpture, photography, graphics, design etc
• personal enthusiasm and the ability to embrace and contribute towards our vision for creative design in its widest form, encouraging experimentation, creativity and exploration
• excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role
The Gryphon is a heavily oversubscribed 11-18 school, which is successful in gaining high results for its students at both GCSE and A-level. The large Sixth Form of 450 students is exceptional. Its students have an excellent record of success in gaining university entrance, including to Oxbridge and the Russell Group, and in the most challenging courses. We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset.
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. It became an academy in August 2012 to sustain the quality of our outstanding provision. You will find Sherborne to be a centre for educational excellence as a beautiful rural country town that has easy road and rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
Teaching is often outstanding. Teachers make lessons stimulating and practical. They have excellent subject knowledge. The Good School Guide described pastoral care and discipline as ‘exceptional’. Students are reflective, behave with great courtesy, and are heavily involved in working with staff to improve the school and the welfare of others. We are a comprehensive school serving a diverse community. The high quality support staff make a real difference.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students. The A Level average points score per entry is the highest of all Dorset state schools and one of the highest in the country; it was also the highest for academic A levels as well as vocational A levels.