The Cottesloe School is a successful and oversubscribed Foundation Secondary School with Sixth Form situated in the village of Wing in rural North Buckinghamshire, located conveniently for Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
We are a caring school with highly qualified and exceptionally committed staff, who recognise the importance of creative and challenging teaching and high professional standards. All staff and students are highly valued and emphasis on student and staff wellbeing is central to our culture.
* Ofsted rated Good in all areas - July 2016
* CPD Award Mark of Outstanding
Following the retirement of our current postholder, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with excellent knowledge and a passion to teach Criminology and Law at KS5. There is also the opportunity of a TLR for Head of Social Sciences role.
Our Criminology and Law students consistently achieve exceptional results at A Level and 2018 saw a 90% pass rate. Students frequently go on to study Law and Criminology at University.
We are looking for
• Someone with a good understanding of relevant curriculum areas at KS5, including a good understanding of assessment and monitoring procedures.
• A willingness to learn and apply new techniques that contribute to high quality teaching and learning.
• A teacher who expects and demonstrates the highest standards.
• A teacher who can enthuse a range of students with varying needs.
We can offer you
• An exciting opportunity to teach students who are courteous and have a high degree of respect for others. They are proud of their school and enjoy learning. Parents are positive about the behaviour of students and say they are managed well and staff are similarly positive (Ofsted July 2016).
• Modern, state of the art classrooms with interactive screens.
• A friendly and supportive working atmosphere.
• The freedom to teach creative lessons in a school with a proven track record for the professional development of staff.
• The opportunity to take part or organise school trips related to the curriculum.
Please contact Mr Alan Youngs (Head of Sixth Form) if you would like to discuss this role further: email@example.com or 01296 688264.
For further information about our school please see our website www.cottesloe.bucks.sch.uk
The Cottesloe School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and offers of employment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance, and satisfactory qualification, health and reference checks.