Two term position in the first instance September 2018 until Easter 2019 – 0.8 (exact days to be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate). Possibility of a full-time position if required additional subjects offered.
To teach BTEC Tech Level 1 / 2 in Performing Arts Drama and GCSE Dance and Drama Key stage 4 along with Performing Arts in Key stage 3. The ability to offer PE or Music would be warmly welcome.
The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed academy in Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand new school building opened in early 2017 with the Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across all year groups. This year we have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key component in the development of the new academy.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a teacher of Dance and Drama to continue our excellent work in these areas.
The successful candidate must be able to:
· plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
· work well as part of a team
· embrace the co-curricula and extra curricula aspects of the academy
· have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· have a ‘can-do’ attitude; be highly organised and
· have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
As a member of the PE and Performing Arts Faculty to provide highly effective teaching of Dance and Drama across Key stage 4 and Performing Arts across Key stage 3. To encourage all children to develop confidence in these areas and to be willing to showcase their work to other students, staff and parents. To be a full and contributing member of the PE and Performing Arts Faculty and the Academy.
· To teach BTEC Tech Performing Arts – Drama, GCSE Dance and GCSE Drama Key stage 4
· To teach Performing Arts Key stage 3
· To lead and deliver co-curricula and extra curricula activities across the academy
· To be a form tutor
· Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
· Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
· Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
· Contribute to Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
· Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
· Set and mark appropriate homework
· Complete all reporting on time
· Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
· Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with direction from the Head of Faculty
· Work to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
· Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required