“The principal, governors and the Trust have a shared vision for the school that is based upon high aspirations for its pupils. Leaders are committed to ensuring that pupils continue to make good and improving progress.” Ofsted, November 2017
Wymondham High is a very successful and oversubscribed 11 – 18 Academy, 8 miles from Norwich:
• A “Good school” with an “Outstanding” Sixth Form [Ofsted, November 2017]
• Tatler magazine Top 20 State School 2018
• Top 5 Attaining State School in Norfolk 2017
Teacher of Design & Technology 0.6
Salary: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
Contract Type: Part time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start date: 1st January 2019 (or sooner if possible)
We are looking for an inspiring, energetic and enthusiastic part time teacher to join our experienced and highly successful Design and Technology team. The post will include teaching across a range of abilities at Key Stage 3 and 4. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or an NQT wishing to begin their career in a very successful school. The successful candidate will be expected to teach within the Design & Technology / Resistant Materials and Graphics area of the subject. We are looking for someone who enjoys being part of a team and sharing ideas and materials; wants to make lessons fun and engaging; and enjoys learning new skills.
The Design & Technology department is:
• A welcoming and supportive team, keen to develop and improve, both as individual practitioners and as a group.
• Very well equipped with resources and relevant technology.
• We are a very popular subject with high numbers choosing Design Technology at GCSE.
• We offer the full range of qualifications up to A level Design & Technology, which focus on Resistant Materials and Graphics.
Closing Date: 9 am, Tuesday 19th June 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
We are committed to offering excellent professional opportunities for our staff, through careful support and personalised CPD. We offer a structured and specific induction programme for all staff. We work closely with staff and unions to support colleague wellbeing across the Academy. The Academy welcomes applications from members of minority ethnic communities and those with disabilities. If you would like further details and an academy application form, please access the vacancies page on our school website. Please apply by letter of application, enclosing a current CV and an Academy application form, quoting the appropriate job reference, to Miss Jemma Sharp, Principal’s PA via email@example.com.
“Wymondham High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.”