NORLINGTON SCHOOL AND 6TH FORM
Teacher of Design and Technology
Pay Scale: Main/Upper Pay Scale
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
• 'Students make excellent progress'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30pm on a Friday.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional practitioner who is innovative, motivated and enthusiastic to join the Design and Technology department. Design and Technology is a very popular subject at GCSE with both Product Design and Graphics offered. Product Design is also offered at A-level. Both A-level and GCSE courses have been academically successful for several years and the school will be looking for someone to build on this success.
The department is well resourced with 3-D printers, laser cutters and high quality I.T systems as well as a dedicated woodwork room and support technician.
For September 2018 or January 2019 we require:
• An innovative, dynamic and creative person with excellent interpersonal skills
• An excellent innovative classroom teacher able to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower our students to achieve
• Ability to teach A-level is essential
• Commitment to sharing good practice across the whole school.
• Excellent subject knowledge with the ability to meet assessment objects to ensure students make exceptional progress.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday 20th June 2018
Interviews scheduled for: Week beginning Monday 25th June 2018