Teacher of Design and Technology
£25,750 - £39,964 per annum
Start Date: September 2019
Closing date: 16th July 2019
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team. We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Design & Technology
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
“The school’s strengths in art, performing arts and design technology inspire and motivate pupils” -Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
We require a Teacher of Design & Technology to join The Victory Academy in September 2019. You will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust pays a minimum salary of £25,750 to Newly Qualified Teachers.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Victory Academy
We can offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Design & Technology Teacher
- Typically delivering good/outstanding experiences to students
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Design & Technology
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Design & Technology
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.