Salary - MPS/UPS
September 2019 start
Deadline for applications: 14th July 2019
Bishop Justus is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of Design Technology, who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher of Design Technology;
• Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
This is an exciting opportunity for personal growth and professional development. We have a distinctive Christian ethos, and committed staff and students who take a full and active role in the life of the school.
If you wish to make a visit to the school prior to your application, please contact the HR Department to arrange this via email to email@example.com.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.