The Role: Teacher of Design Technology
Full time position
Permanent contract to start September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner, who will support the implementation of a new and innovative STEM curriculum through Design Technology. The successful applicant will be fully acquainted with the new KS4 curriculum, and looking to be actively engaged with continued professional development to further enhance their subject knowledge.
St Andrew’s development of STEM is a school priority and is undergoing the first phase of renovation to create state-of-the-art STEM areas with significant investment being made for refurbishment and furnishing this year throughout the Faculty for Modern Innovative Technologies (MIT).
The successful applicant will be able to teach all of the Technologies (textiles, food, graphics, resistant materials) or have an interest in developing their ability to do so.
This role would be ideal for either an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or a NQT seeking their first teaching post.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Enthusiastic about working with technology to promote learning outcomes for students
• Passionate about removing barriers to accessing learning in a practical subject
• Committed to excellence; enabling all students reach their potential and achieving outstanding outcomes
Are you a passionate and innovative teacher?
Do you inspire students to be the best they can be? Do you want to help develop a cutting-edge curriculum?
If so, we would love you to be a part of our journey.
St Andrew's C of E High School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years