A rare opportunity to join a committed staff team with freedom to be inspirational and make a difference. If you want a teaching job with a positive challenge in a small independent school where pupils are valued as individuals and inspired to learn, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a committed individual with a passion for Drama. The successful applicant will teach Drama across KS3 and KS4 and English to Years 7 and 8.
Pupils participate in national competitions and in 2019 was awarded the Nancy Griffiths Prize in the ISA Drama Competition. The school has a history of high quality performing arts productions and the successful applicant would be expected to contribute to these and, if they wish, create further imaginative co-curricular opportunities for our pupils.
Thames is a thriving mainstream school with a two stream entry founded in 2000 for pupils aged 11-16. Its close proximity to Clapham Junction station means that pupils come from a wide catchment area. The school is working with Wandsworth Council and Taylor Wimpey on plans to relocate to a brand new purpose-built premises in September 2021. This will expand the school to a three stream entry with a sixth form, providing further job opportunities in the future.
Applications are welcome from passionate teachers wanting to make a difference in a very different setting both early or later in their careers. Thames has an excellent CPD programme and a strong track record of mentoring NQTs.
- Teaching Drama across Key Stage 3 and 4 and English to Years 7 and 8.
- Working from existing schemes of learning and also creating new, well-differentiated schemes of learning and resources
- Preparing pupils for Pearson Edexcel Drama GCSE.
The post is open to an excellent teacher who will:
- Be a graduate with a relevant good honours degree
- Have experience in either the private or maintained system
- Have a commitment to embracing challenges and raising pupil attainment
- Be a creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for your subject
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be excited by the school’s vision and respect the school’s values
Thames Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the school to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date for Applications: As soon as possible - applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage so we recommend early application.
Full details about the post, application form and information about the school are available on our website