Outstanding Teacher of Drama
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Drama teacher to join our excellent Performing Arts department. As a relatively young department, our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, to help it to become a leading area of school life. At Kings’, we have our own Performing Arts School that runs at the weekend and seeks to challenge our most gifted students.
The Arts Faculty contribute a great deal to the Extra-Curricular Activities Programme. Therefore, applications are particularly welcome from teachers with experience, passion and talent to lead workshops, performances and productions with students.
This is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly creative and innovative team.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Performing Arts as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- A-Level experience is essential
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form. Please note only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 16 January 2020
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.