“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious EAL (English as a Second Language) Teacher to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy.
The UCL Academy’s Inclusion Department is committed to recruiting talented, highly skilled individuals to support the provision for students in need of EAL support. Combining expertise with high organisational skills, the EAL teacher will work alongside all levels of staff in the school and will be responsible for supervising students
both on a one-to-one and group basis, under the direction of the Assistant Principal for Inclusion, Faculty leaders, the SEN team and classroom teachers. The EAL Teacher will also work with the schools data team to ensure that classroom teachers are supporting learners with the most up to date information and strategies. This role is an exciting opportunity to work with EAL students in an inner London school. The ideal candidate should have experience in preparing resources for a series of lessons to develop students' language and literacy. Relevant experience and qualifications are applicable, along with the desired ability to speak multi-languages to better support pupils and converse with all stakeholders.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 year old Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden, United Kingdom. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, the Academy is celebrating another exceptionally successful year of A-level results, with our students securing places at some of Britain’s most prestigious universities including our sponsor University College London. Additionally, our GCSE students have again performed well above national average in core subjects.
Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils and staff alike. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university being used aspirationally with the academy’s students.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
- A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
- Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Monday 16 September 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.