Teacher of Economics/Business Studies MPS/UPS
Contract: Permanent, start date September 2020
0.5 FTE Economics/Business Studies teacher OR a full time Economics/Business Studies teacher with the ability to teach another subject (all subject combinations will be considered)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed teacher of Economics/ Business Studies who is keen to motivate students, build their confidence and make learning engaging. This post would be suitable for either an NQT or an established teacher. The Economics/Business Studies element of this post is 0.5 FTE but the post could be up to full time if another subject could be taught (all subject combinations will be considered).
Prince Henry’s Grammar School is a successful and over-subscribed comprehensive school with over 1600 students – including 290 in the Sixth Form. We have served the market town of Otley and the surrounding area, approximately 12 miles from Leeds, for over 400 years.
We are a successful and vibrant fully comprehensive school with a specialism in languages and a national and international reputation for dynamic and inspirational work. The school is a founding member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance as well as the Yorkshire Leadership Community and is recognised by the local and wider community as offering educational provision of the highest quality. Our extremely positive Ofsted Report confirms us as a good school with outstanding student behaviour and outstanding leadership and management. Prince Henry’s has been designated as a National Support School by the DfE, and gained Sponsor Academy status in September 2018 subsequently forming the Collaborative Learning Multi Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to teach A Level Economics
• The ability to teach A Level Business Studies
• The ability to teach GCSE Business
• The ability to teach another subject at KS3/KS4 (essential for full time post)
• The ability to enthuse and motivate students
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Appropriately qualified with an Economics/Business Studies based degree and secondary QTS (or working towards)
• A commitment to continuous professional development
In return we offer:
• Excellent Continued Professional Development opportunities
• A dedicated staff team supported by a committed and experienced senior leadership team
• A positive environment where students are able to learn and achieve
• A commitment to technology with iPads being issued to all teaching staff and students
The school has developed a number of services and benefits for staff including such things as free coffee/tea at break time, parking, annual flu vaccinations, access to Cycle to Work and Computer schemes, corporate gym membership, staff takeaway meal service through Henry's Diner, long service awards and social events organised by the Staff Committee. There is also an opportunity for the children of staff to access the excellent education available at Prince Henry's in line with the Admissions Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.
Closing date Monday 30 March 2020 at 12.00 noon
For more information and an application form please click on the 'Vacancies' tab at www.princehenrys.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs.