AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AN OFSTED OUTSTANDING SIXTH FORM RATED 3RD BEST IN THE UK BY THE SUNDAY TIMES 2018
Teacher of Economics
Required for April or September 2018
Salary dependent on experience.
Duties and responsibilities
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to join a thriving, successful and expanding A level economics department. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2017 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 88% of A level grades were A*, A or B and 60% of all grades were A* or A. More than 150 students progressed to Russell Group universities with fifteen securing places at Oxbridge and 21 taking up offers to study medicine, dentistry and veterinary science.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3000 applications for 250 places each year and was graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in November 2017.
Skills, qualifications and experience
We seek a teacher committed to high academic standards who can communicate to young people an enthusiasm for economics. Excellent subject knowledge is essential for this post although a teacher qualification is not necessarily required. Economics is a busy and successful department of over 150 sixth formers, many of whom successfully apply to study the subject at Oxford, Cambridge and other leading universities.
What LAE can offer you:
· the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
· a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
· a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
· collaborative working with our world-class partner schools such as Brighton College, Highgate School and Eton College.
· an NQT induction programme where new teachers are "guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of a cohesive and collegiate team", (Newham Partnership Working, November 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with a
CV and the LAE application form by 9.00am on Monday, 26 February 2018 to email@example.com.
The full job description and our application form is available to view and download from our website.
For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head on 020 3301 1480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.