We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy, enthusiasm and a love of Economics. The successful candidate will teach courses such as Economics A-level (AQA) and Economics GCSE (AQA). The department also offers Business GCSE (Edexcel), AGQ Business and BTEC Travel and Tourism and will offer Business Studies A-level from September 2018.
The post holder will:
• Have a passion for all aspects of Economics
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
• Be able to build relationships quickly
• Have a positive approach
• Have a real interest in educational issue, approaches and alternatives from around the world
• Be proactive and confident
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role
Results in the Economics department are outstanding with 22 students achieving an A* grade at A-level last year.
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. It became an academy in August 2012 to sustain the quality of our outstanding provision. You will find Sherborne to be a centre for educational excellence as well as a beautiful rural country town. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
Teaching is often outstanding. Teachers make lessons stimulating and practical. They have excellent subject knowledge. The Good Schools Guide described pastoral care and discipline as ‘exceptional’. Students are reflective, behave with great courtesy, and are heavily involved in working with staff to improve the school and the welfare of others. We are a comprehensive school serving a diverse community. The high quality support staff make a real difference.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students.