We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic professional to join our English faculty. We need someone who is passionate with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning in this subject area and to develop, co-ordinate and promote whole school literacy initiatives with a key focus on the Foundation phase, the Accelerated Reader programme and developing staff skills in promoting literacy.
Chosen Hill School is a thriving comprehensive academy, judged good by Ofsted in all categories. It is a large, popular and successful 11-18 Academy School situated in Churchdown, half way between Cheltenham and Gloucester. We have around 1400 students on roll, of which 200 are in the Sixth Form. Chosen Hill is a happy school, where students, staff and parents work closely in partnership. There is an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher
- have excellent and current subject and pedagogical knowledge
- be innovative and inspirational in their teaching, and ambitious for their students.
- be able to work collaboratively
We can offer you:
- the chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- effective support for professional development
- a friendly and supportive environment
- the opportunity to work with well-motivated students.
A full job description can be viewed below.
We look forward to your application.
Closing date: 4 October 2019
Interview date: 16 October 2019