Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,300 pupils offering a broad and balanced curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in September 2014 and was judged ‘Good.’
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able teacher of English to join our outstanding team of English practitioners You will be based within a strong and successful department who achieve outstanding results.
In 2017-18, 70% of pupils achieved at least a grade 4 in English, with the progress that pupils made above national averages.
The successful candidate will be:
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of both the pupils that are directly taught by you and those taught by the department.
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities to have high aspirations and achieve their potential at KS3 and KS4.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Able to support the subject leader by contributing to the strategic development of the department.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Able to share your practice in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
You will have:
• A proven track record of success at KS3 and KS4.
• A passion for English.
• A desire to be the best you can be - to always improve and do things better.
• High expectations for all pupils.
• An ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents and governors.
• An ability to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons.
• A commitment to Castleford Academy’s vision and values.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT seeking an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment, or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career within an existing highly successful team.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, or seek information on the school, the role or ‘how to apply’ then please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or contact Patrick Anson, HR Manager on 01977 605075. Application forms can be downloaded from our website.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at 12 noon, interview date to be confirmed.
Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com