Do you want to teach in a Twenty First Century learning environment with the backing of Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Bombardier, University of Derby, & Derby College?
Derby Manufacturing UTC opened on 1st September 2015 and provides a distinctive and targeted curriculum for up to 600 students from 14-19 who wish to study STEM subjects. The UTC is now moving into an exciting phase of development working closely with The Sheffield UTC Academy Trust, which includes two very successful UTCs graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED (www.utcsheffield.org.uk).
Are you an outstanding teacher of English, passionate about your subject? If so, you may be the person we are looking for!
We require for January 2020 start a Teacher of English.
The successful applicant will have:
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through experience). A proven track record in raising standards is essential.
• A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the UTC and most importantly a difference to the lives of young people including their educational and broader achievement, self-esteem and confidence, social well-being and future employability.
We are offering:
• An attractive salary based upon experience and expertise.
• A first class working environment with excellent resources.
• The opportunity for professional growth and continued development within an organisation committed to continuous improvement.
• The opportunity to shape the future of the UTC.
How to apply
This position would suit an ambitious teacher looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work in a unique environment with fantastic facilities. You will be fully supported by strong English teams including those within The Sheffield UTC Academy Trust. Please complete and submit the online application form. Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification when making your application.
Please note strong applications will be considered on receipt.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruiting procedures and successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
For more information, please visit www.derbymanufacturingutc.co.uk
We welcome visits and enquiries prior to application. For an informal discussion, or to book a visit contact Mrs Amanda Miller, PA to the Principal on 01332 477400. All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and are subject to enhanced DBS.
Interviews to be held on either 22nd or 23rd October 2019.