Teacher of English
MPS and UPS
Required for September 2019
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love and invest in their learning in English?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive English Department?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
- Have a desire to teach English to A Level (experienced or otherwise)?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the English Department’s improvement journey. A passion for English and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. We would especially welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
- Able to inspire and enthuse students
- Committed to raising standards for all
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For further information – or to arrange a visit to our Academy - please contact Ms Rachel Shaw, Director of English at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Mrs Nichola Winder, PA to the Principal, at email@example.com or to the Academy address below:
Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH
Closing Date: 20th March, 2019
Interviews: WC 25th March 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children. An Equal Opportunities Employer