The Stanway School
Teacher of English
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: January 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to carry out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of The Stanway School and the Department.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● In consultation with the Head of Department, to plan, design and produce teaching materials and resources which are appropriate to age and ability
● In accordance with scheme of work, plan, deliver and review lessons which are appropriate to the age and ability of the students so as to facilitate progression in students’ learning
● Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students assigned to him or her
● Manage the classroom and teaching equipment so as to create a positive learning environment which makes effective use of available resources.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach “outstanding” lessons in English
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
● An exciting opportunity to lead a popular subject in a successful, oversubscribed school;
● A competitive Salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 13th October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.