St Edward’s is a day and residential special school for boys aged 9 to 18 years who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) which adversely affect their behaviour.
Following internal promotion, we require a qualified teacher, with curriculum strength in English.
We are looking for an applicant who:
· Is an inspirational, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher;
· Has high expectations of behaviour and is confident teaching in a specialist (SEMH) environment where challenging behaviour can present obstacles to pupils’ learning;
· Has good classroom management and organisational skills;
· Has a passion for education and will ensure pupils are given a bespoke educational experience;
· Has an engaging and creative style of teaching;
· Is pupil focused in their approach to teaching – we believe that every pupil deserves a quality education and to gain valuable life experiences.
The successful applicant will:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status – this can be Primary or Secondary;
· Have a thorough knowledge of the English curriculum with awareness of, or experience delivering a range of courses, including GCSE and Functional Skills;
· Can make accurate assessments regarding the needs of a diverse cohort of pupils;
· Have the potential or ability to lead and develop subject specialism across the school;
· Be prepared to develop and / contribute to extra-curricular activities.
St Edward’s School can offer you:
· A very well-resourced teaching environment;
· A positive teaching environment where the staff believe that it is possible for all pupils at the school to develop and grow as learners and young people;
· A welcoming and supportive environment with a developing focus on staff well-being;
· An experienced staff community who work together for the benefit of pupils;
· A community with high staff retention which has fostered a welcoming and cohesive staff team;
· Full induction package and supportive CPD opportunities;
· Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Main Scale plus Special Needs Allowance;
· A three bedroomed house, offered at a discounted rent, may be available for a successful candidate.
We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit the school prior to application.
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the school please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie Mcwilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713323792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by 11am on the Friday 7th September 2018 to Diane Jamieson via email.
Applications will be reviewed as received, so we may be in contact before the closing date.
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 17th September 2018; date to be confirmed.
St Edward’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
St Edward’s is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
CVs are not accepted.
St Edward’s School,