UTC Oxfordshire is looking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and passionate teacher to join our growing English department for maternity cover.
The UTC specialises in science and engineering, alongside a broad and balanced curriculum. We benefit from the support of local employers and three leading universities who enrich and enhance our unique curriculum offer.
UTC Oxfordshire is centrally located with excellent transport links close by.
We can offer:
· An exciting opportunity to work as a growing and supportive team
· An environment where the focus is upon high quality teaching and employment outcomes
· A unique curriculum where GCSE English and Literacy benefits from up to 6 hours of curriculum time, outstanding facilities and cutting edge ICT and technology to support learning.
· An opportunity to develop you teaching career with the possibility of progression as the role develops.
· Unparalleled professional development
· Focused teaching - only KS4
· Fully supported laptop provided with latest software to simplify your workload
The successful candidate will need to:
· Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be ready to embrace the challenge of a new school and the opportunities that exist.
We would welcome applications from ambitious and forward thinking NQTs.
Application deadline: 3rd January 2018, 5pm
Salary: Competitive salary with recruitment and retention available. Additional incentives for the right candidate.
We recommend a tour of the UTC and informal conversations are encouraged. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting / interviews have taken place.
Safeguarding recruitment statement
UTC Oxfordshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will meet the person specification, and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure and complete the relevant safeguarding training.