Drapers’ Academy is seeking an inspirational, dynamic and committed English teacher, with the drive and determination to play a significant role in our expanding English team.
This is an exciting time to join us. Our English team has a blend of experienced teachers; including the Head of Faculty, Deputy HOF, Literacy Coordinator, NQTs and trainees. The diverse staff make the Faculty an interesting and unique environment to work in. All teachers have their own classroom, equipped with an interactive whiteboard, visualiser and storage space.
We are proud of our achievements as a school and this year our pupils achieved 78.3% for English (combined), with 65% achieving 9-4 in English Language.
If you are committed to excellence in teaching and learning, use innovative methods in the classroom and are able to disseminate your passion and ideas to others then this role is for you. You will have excellent communication skills, along with experience of planning for progression throughout the key stages. This role is suitable for an NQT, as well as an experienced teacher.
In return, we offer excellent line managed support, state of the art facilities and a range of CPD opportunities to ensure you make progress with your own career.
Drapers’ Academy is a vibrant place to work and we are an ambitious school with high expectations of our staff and pupils. If you have the drive, enthusiasm and determination to ensure our pupils are successful and alongside this can inspire others to do the same, then our English Faculty is right for you.
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
- A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community;
- State-of-the-art campus surrounded by acres of countryside;
- An environment that promotes innovation;
- Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team;
- Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching;
- Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels;
- An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development;
- Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking;
- Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station;
- Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Sue Lucey, Principal’s PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your completed application along with a covering letter, of no more than two sides of A4, outlining your suitability for the post, to: email@example.com References will be requested as part of the shortlisting process.
Closing date: 11:00pm on 22 March 2019.
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.