Closing date: Wednesday 21 March 2018, 8.00am
Interviews to be held: 22 and 23 March 2018 as well as on an ad hoc basis
Surbiton High Senior School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the Subject of English
- Create a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
- Undertake high quality preparation, marking and report writing, in line with School policy, so that pupils achieve the highest possible standards.
- Be prepared to take on the role of Form Tutor, which will encompass academic, pastoral and administrative responsibilities. Tutors have oversight of their tutees’ general well-being and academic progress, and they are the first point of contact for parents.
- Contribute to the organisation and running of co-curricular and enrichment activities.
- Be an active participant in CPD training opportunities, sharing best practice with colleagues, as requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification including QTS, would be an advantage
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- Ability to deliver inspiring lessons at KS3, GCSE and A-level
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1186625?cid=1567
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.