Contract Term: 2 years renewable
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,860 students and a total faculty size of 184. In Secondary, there are 88 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
VSA is now recruiting an enthusiastic and committed teacher for the above position for the school year beginning August 2018. The ideal candidate will have
- An undergraduate degree in English and a recognized teaching qualification
- Relevant experience teaching English language and literature to senior secondary level
- A qualification and experience in working with students for whom English is an additional language is an advantage
- A commitment to student centred inquiry based learning
- A growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Familiarity with and ideally experience teaching IB (MYP and DP)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of the educational philosophy and full resume to the Secondary Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26 February 2018.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)