The Academy International School Mallorca (www.theacademyschool.com) seeks to employ a secondary teacher of English Literature and Language from September 2017. We are looking for a teacher who is motivated and committed to teaching the British curriculum during Key stage 3 and 4, preparing students for Cambridge IGCSE exams, and teaching the IB Diploma English language and literature A.
A degree and appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Ideally the applicant would have already completed training in IBDP category 1, language and literature A.
- An enthusiastic and motivated professional who is passionate about teaching English Language and Literature to secondary students, and drama to key stage 4.
- A reflective and responsible practitioner able to adapt and develop with feedback provided whose aim is to be consistently excellent in the classroom.
- A team player who would like to contribute to the further development of this vibrant and progressive department and an individual who seeks to professionally develop through whole-school projects and collaboration.
About our school:
- It is a family run international school, with a very low staff and pupil turnover.
- There is a highly motivated, supportive team to collaborate with.
- There is a well-developed curriculum plan across all Key Stages.
- The students genuinely want to learn.
- There are frequent opportunities for professional development, team teaching and regular department and key stage meetings.
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, a C.V., a recent photo and names (including telephone numbers and email addresses) of two referees to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note only selected applicants will be contacted by email for further details and to schedule an interview via Skype. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and fully enhanced DBS checks.
Start date September 1st 2017