Teacher of English - Maternity Leave contract (April 2018 – May 2019)
£22,916 - £38,633 per annum
St Helena School is a lively, friendly and welcoming 11-16 school with 890+ students currently on roll. It was rated as Good by Ofsted in June 2014 and is now on a journey to Great. St Helena is one of four Secondary and two Primary Academies in the Sigma Multi-Academy Trust, based in Essex which was formally established in 2016 to promote collaboration across a range of partners in Colchester and the surrounding area.
We are seeking a talented, creative and dynamic Teacher of English to join our highly successful English Faculty from April 2018. We are happy to consider applications from experienced teachers or those embarking on their NQT year, who are able to confidently deliver English to GCSE level.
· Passionate about English, with an enthusiasm for your subject that is infectious?
· A clear thinker, able to elucidate with laser-like precision what it is that students need to know?
· Self-aware, reflective and committed to constant evaluation of your own impact?
· Always ready for the unexpected, facing each new challenge with a smile?
Are you looking for a school where…
· You can make a valued contribution to a wide range of extra-curricular art activities?
· A growth mindset is expected, and developing existing strength is considered as important as addressing weakness?
· Humanity and humour are seen to be essential qualities?
· You will be fully supported in your own professional development, whatever your aspirations?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to all of the above, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please visit our web site – www.st-helena.essex.sch.uk for more details. Or simply apply via the TES web site.
Early applications are encouraged, as the school may interview candidates once it receives sufficient applications.